The medical benefits of an adjustable bed are not just for hospitals anymore. Many of us find it enjoyable to recline on a bed while watching TV, reading, or using a laptop. On a flat bed, you must arrange pillows to make yourself comfortable. Pillows move out of position, causing your body to shift into cramped positions resulting in improper posture, but an adjustable bed resolves that problem. Because your body is not allowed to maintain proper posture when sleeping on a flat surface, tension on the muscles and joints is often increased.
Adjustable beds are designed for maximum comfort and individual adjust-ability. They offer proper, customized support to different areas of your body including the neck, head, lower back, legs and knees. This type of bed allows the owners to adjust their position with simple controls and can be appeal to a wide range of people – from baby boomers to young couples, adjustable beds make sitting up and relaxing much more comfortable.
Sleeping on an adjustable bed may offer temporary relief from:
- Lower back pain: Adjusting the bed up or down redistributes the pressure across your body, which helps alleviate lower back pain.
- Minor aches and pains due to muscular fatigue and overexertion.
- Asthma: Sleeping in a slightly upright position take stress off of the lungs, which helps those who suffer from asthma or sleep apnea.
- Hiatus hernia
- Gastric reflux: Elevating the head while sleeping helps the stomach retain acids that might otherwise travel up the esophagus and cause heartburn.
- Reduce or ease light and occasional snoring: Raising the head of the bed seven degrees can eliminate snoring by supporting the spine and respiratory system.
Consider your reasons for buying an adjustable bed and purchase accordingly.
Adjustable beds deliver a range of benefits including great sleep, quality comfort, and can promote a healthier lifestyle. A bed that adjusts to the body will help put you to sleep so that you wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Lying flat can lead to several health complications that can be avoided simply by elevating the position of the head and feet while sleeping. There are multitudes of health benefits associated with sleeping on an adjustable bed: alleviating lower back pain, reducing nighttime heart burn and acid reflux, reducing swelling of the legs and ankles, improving circulation, and lessening the impact of respiratory problems like asthma.
There can be limitations to a regular flat mattress because, as human beings, we have natural contours to our bodies that a flat bed cannot support. Experience ultimate comfort as you read, study, watch TV, play video games, or use your laptop. Relieve back or muscle strain by finding the perfect position to gently soothe your body and be more alert after consistently getting a quality night’s sleep.